Tuesday 13 January 2015

We are our own Enemy



I have no shame to say that most of my greatest friends are not from my tribe, yet with this I seem not to talk tribe or touch about their tribal king when am around them; reason being am playing it safe not to upset, as matters politics is never an agenda with us. If I have to talk and argue about politics and the state of our nation I only do this at the discretion of a few who are open-minded and mostly with people that are inclined to my opinion.

This is the norm with most people around me, not I alone, even my friend or people who are privy to my tribe tend to shy off when they want to objectively disagree with the person am inclined politically. This has been the genesis of our failure as citizens that we so enjoy in our countries political environment. This on the other hand has benefited the political elites as they marshal tribe before development, community before agendas, regions before the country etc.

Our failure to communicate as a nation and as a people who should have a voice over their leaders has made it possible for us to always come in the umbrella we are one only in tragedy and when the nation is nearly to its knees, remember we ought to be always one.

Moving from the Moi era was celebrated and seen to be the beginning of a new start to the nation which has seen citizens enjoy some fundamental bills of right (Chapter IV of the constitution) and the promulgation of the new constitution.

Political sycophancy and my tribe my time to eat analogy has made it possible for things to stay the same as they change. This has been reflected by the rising number of people in social media that spew hatred against other communities without the sense that we ought to be a one people nation, this they do to echo their political inclinations fault such as tribal appointments, selective justice, selective developments and failures in overall performance both in government and in the opposition.

These sycophants make sure that they benefit from cheap publicity while dividing the nation far apart with the blessings of their masters and wouldn’t allow a critique even from their own tribe to say anything contrary to what the “majority” of the tribe wants lest they be seen as the moles or against the whole tribe. This impedes free thinking people and only waits to echo and support only what the tribal Kings want.

Our free thinking is only limited to out of politics environment but with a silent disgust in our other environments knowing that the person next to you doesn’t approve of our political inclination. Politics affects all other environments. We can pretend not to want it but we can’t live without it. 

We are our own enemy as in all our struggles we can only look at the next person to help; same applies to the tribal kings, in need the always come together and help each other not caring that the last second “their people” were in war against each other. We need to learn from our leaders to be sarcastic in their eyes, have free and respectful communication, vote wisely and to our own personal advantage and always be truly one; only this will beat them in their own game.

7 comments:

  1. My in-law once said I had biases when I attempted to discuss the security bill which I had read & he hadn't... An educated man who married off his tribe still thought like....a Fool because of tribal connotations.
    Hope for this country to me is an illusion I no longer pursue, this is not the movies. I've accepted things will only get worse and I'll only look out for myself since you cannot enlighten people who do not want to see the light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Langsung kunjungi situs kami di daftar poker idn
    Dijamin autowin dan menang banyak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. สล็อต น่าเล่น แตกจริง เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้อย่างไม่ยากเย็นกับพวกเรา เว็บสล็อตชั้น 1 ของประเทศไทย ให้บริการด้วยความจริงใจ PG SLOT ปลอดภัย มั่นคง 100%

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does the author describe their approach to discussing tribal matters with friends from different tribes, and what is the underlying reason for this approach?
    Visit us Telkom University

    ReplyDelete